So how do we go about increasing our integrity?
First, we need to consider what degree of integrity we currently have. At this point, you might find it helpful to review the following questions based on the self-assessment questionnaire.
- Do I genuinely try to be honest in all my interactions with others?
- Do I typically “walk my talk”?
- Am I clear on my values? Do I feel comfortable in standing up for them?
- Am I open to the possibility of learning new truths that may cause me to rethink issues or even redefine my values?
- Am I able to consistently make and keep commitments to myself?
I urge you to really think about these questions and answer them candidly.
From “The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything” by Stephen M. R. Covey